Dear Prospective Fitness Coach,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It's my hope that you have precisely what I need in a fitness coach so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position I have available.
You should have arrived here because you saw my employment ad in the local paper or online that reads like this:
Are you a personal trainer looking for more hours?
Our team is expanding, could you be the right fit?
I'm looking for a personal trainer/group instructor to join our team.
So let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position.
My name is Chad Sorsdahl and I run a Fitness and Wellness Studio called OneBody Wellness in Hollywell, Queensland.
My business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customised nutrition and fitness programs.
And business is booming!
I'm looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients.
My studio is located at Suite 25, Level 1, 247 Bayview St. Hollywell right here on the Gold Coast.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you'll begin coaching clients in the studio right away.
My studio offers a casual, fun environment, nice training equipment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training department within our studio.
Oh yeah, I'm also very fair, respectful and appreciative. I like having fun and making money providing highly valuable fitness services and products.
You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others - because that's what we do in my studio.Tasks You'll Be Expected To Perform
- Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs For Clients: You'll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you'll have flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client's success in our programs, you'll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you'll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that's a bonus.
- Coach clients through 6+ week challenges/programs: You'll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients your working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you'll coach and motivate the client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client's goals.
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You'll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good Communication Skills - you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I'll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can't teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality - must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and Fitness Education - You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness
- First Aid - Current Senior First Aid and CPR Certified
- Cert 3 and 4 - Personal Training
If you have these additional skills, it would be a bonus but don't let that put you off. If you don't have these skills, you should still apply as these are not mandatory. You may just be the candidate I am looking for.
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- University Sports/Exercise Degree
- Additional Fitness Qualifications (Boxing, TRX, Kettlebell, Yoga, Pilates, etc)
How To Apply
I'm looking to hire the right person to hire relatively quickly. So if this job sounds good to you, then complete the form below and we'll contact you by phone shortly: